Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tagged

I have been tagged by grace. This is a kind of blog activity in which one has to reveal the secrets about them.

1. Homesick or nostalgic, these are the words which I could have used the most in English. Whenever I set from my home to another place, a sense of discomfort accompanies me without my knowledge and looms into a greater predicament; the only possible way out is to return home regardless of the status of the purpose for which the journey has been made. My sixth sense gets deactivated and even though I have strived hard to keep homesick at the bay my efforts have mostly went vain. It is like a lopsided conflict between a tender deer and ferocious tiger.
*) I have spent nearly all of my weekends of my college life at home, even during university exams I used to travel to home by exploiting the days available between successive exams by improvising some lame excuses, not minding about the impending danger ahead (i.e. semester exam).
*) I pursued my final year project at the Integral Coach Factory (Chennai) for a span of one month within which I travelled to my home five times (to and fro). Tirunelveli is at a distance of roughly 600kms from Chennai, so the only achievement of the project is that I have completed a trip of more than 6000kms within a smaller time frame and also by enduring the bugs menace (Majority of Ultra Deluxe buses- SETC have this problem).
*) After the completion of final semester exams I went to my sister’s house in Coimbatore, I couldn’t stay there for a period of more than one week, I escaped (?!!!) from house without informing her (I communicated her after I boarded the bus fearing that She would be searching me).
I love my native place and I wish not to miss it but I will not able to find a suitable job for my education here.

2. Every human being is addicted to something in his/her life. I could not stay without consuming tea; I used to take a cup of tea at least four times a day. If I for some reasons could not take tea then I am prone to headache. I could be spotted in the canteen regularly during 10.30 A.M. and 4.30 P.M. every day. Sipping a glass of tea during a rainy day is the most cherished moment of my life.

3. I love to play with toys especially electronic cars, reluctantly gave up the habit only during the standard”__ “after my parents chided me. Now I don’t have any playthings, but I have decided to buy a lot of toys once I start to earn.

4. During a fancy dress competition at the kindergarten I was made to disguise like a girl. (Some wicked persons must have provided this dreadful idea), however it was my sister who made the most of this incident. In my presence she would show the photo to relatives and ask them to identify the person it contains. Before they predict, she would reveal and make fun of me. Some way with great difficulty I took the control of the photo and now it is safe at a secluded place. It is a certain disadvantage to have elder sister if she enjoys absolute support at home. If anything goes wrong at home, she may become approver or would serve as a prosecutor during the trial, the accused is none other than me. After the trial the post of weapon supplier will be assumed by her.

5. I was forced to attend yoga class for my temperamental behavior during school days. As a part of the program, they would teach asanas (exercises for maintaining health) and meditation. I tested the patience of the instructor by frequently coming to the classes’ late, performing exercises lackadaisically and also by creating noise. Somehow after completing the workout came the meditation session. It was early morning 6:00 AM, he asked to close my eyes and instructed me to focus for few minutes instead I dozed off and got collapsed soon. He could not control his temper and I was expelled from the class. I wondered how he would teach others to control their anger without curbing his own.

6. Among friends and relatives, I am well known for my reckless and lazybones’ approach. Once I start to procrastinate, god alone can redeem me. I am a member of the District Central Library since 1999 but the number of books I borrowed from library is very paltry. I used to take a book and never return it until a notice after a period of one year will be sent summoning me to give back the book and to pay the fine. This is the fourth time a notice has arrived and when my mom advised me not to waste money by such means I asked her to maintain in my account(!??) the money she doled out, assuring that it will be repaid soon and also replied that it is in reality a indirect donation to library.

7. I am a diehard fan of Tom cat (From Tom and Jerry show), Muttley (a dog which is a sidekick to Dick the Dastardly, the villain of the Wacky Races and Flying Squadron shows) and comedy actor Goundamani. I enjoy every action of tom and his plot to trap jerry (which would always backfire).Tom’s villainous laugh (the way he says AAHA AAHA), his attempts to entice toodles (female cat) is unforgettable.

8. Obsession to hear songs exists from my young age. I used to murmur songs (People have turned violent these days, they don’t speak, they resort to the use of physical power) and spend most of the time at home by listening to music. The sole activity I utilize my Dell is to play songs and games. I used to play formula1 race till eyes turns red with accumulation of tears. Then after closing eyes, I would place earphones which would be removed only when my eardrum gets ached. (In the future it won’t be surprise if bala receives the allowance from the government stipulated for blind and deaf people). For Heaven’s sake, I hear only Tamil songs bcoz I couldn’t understand the accent of English songs (I started with Michael Jackson but failed miserably, only earned the wrath of next house old lady) and also I don’t know the language of Hindi.

9. I was a Tamil chauvinist during my school days and studied English only to get a pass mark. My greatest regret is that I didn’t learn English grammar properly. I have gathered more than 100 English grammar e-books from scribe website, now I am in utter confusion to decide which book to follow; I think it would be a better option to collect grammar books from school students. Formation of sentences has been quite a problem for me. The consolation dialogue which I often use is a quote of George Orwell, “Fine prose should be transparent, like a window pane”. I manipulated the meaning of the mentioned line according to my need.

10. During EEE self introduction I was asked which marriage do I prefer. I replied love marriage imagining that people would consider me as a brave and daring person. But whenever I think of love, the sad plight of bala being chased by a mob with lethal weapons while trying to flee appears as a sudden flash.

11. I like guys without mustache and consider them to be more humble and gentle. I hate people having large whiskers and beard implying that they are more dominant and arrogant. I have planned not to have mustache and beard except during unavoidable circumstances.

12. I was dumbstruck when a girl asked my mobile number. (Actually I didn’t possess a cell phone during that time) I explained that I didn’t have a mobile and managed the situation by providing the mobile number of my mom. However she never called.

13.I am an introvert, I feel comfortable when conversing with one or two persons, but when it comes as a group I keep mum most of the times. At times I’m introspective and reticent.

14. I rarely watch new movies bcoz it is impossible to tolerate the violence and vainglory dialogues of the present day heroes. My favorite heroes are kamal Hassan, Sir Roger Moore (According to me, He is the most gorgeous man ever) and Ajith Kumar. I have strong dislike for films like ParuthiVeeran, Vettaiyadu vilayadu, virumandi etc. I love films having a saccharine finish. I have prepared a list of movies which I like to see in the future like Unnaala Unnaala, Vaarnam Aayiram, and Slumdog Millionaire etc. Watching movies in theatre is fantastic but before I could take a decision, films are removed from the silver screen quickly. Jaya Max, Isaiaruvi, CNN IBN, ESPN, CN are my favorite channels.

15. I have great fear for canines (even Emperor Napoleon was scared of dogs) and snakes. Many days my sleep is haunted with nightmares like being chased and bitten by stray dogs. Occasionally dreams involving cobras with flaring hoods trying to harm me also appears.

16. There were two sects of ancient Hinduism i.e. Saivam (worship of Lord Siva) and Vaishnavam (worship of Lord Vishnu). Nowadays people don’t take these kinds of divisions seriously as they visit all temples. Yet I prefer adoring Lord Vishnu considering him the All-pervading entity. The pacifying statue of Christ the Redeemer (Rio de Janeiro) has also impressed me to a greater extent.

17. Travelling gives immense enjoyment and I admit that I make important decisions during travel time. I never wish to miss the waterfalls of Courtallam during season. I am an ardent fan of bus transport; it is a pleasure to make a journey with newly introduced city buses.

18. Anil kumble, Michael Schumacher, Kimi Raikkonen, George Bush, Jairam Ramesh, Abraham Lincoln, Napoleon Bonaparte, Sourav Ganguly, kannadhasan, M.G.Ramachandran, Mother Teresa, Adam Gilchrist, Roger Federer, Simon Taufel, Mary Elizabeth Winsted, Rajdeep Sardesai; these are some of the persons I admire the most. I did waste energy by vehemently disagreeing often when someone criticizes my favorite celebrity. For example if a person slams Roger Federer and if he happens to be the fan of Rafael Nadal, then altercation is certain. Nowadays I have given up arguing, stopped revealing my passion and transformed myself to a moderate.

19. Formula 1 and Cricket are my favorite sports. I played Cricket along with neighborhood pals. I never mustered the courage of taking part in games competition. Long back during pongal celebration competitions, I participated in sack race and completed second but was disqualified for deploying sack with holes. But in the future I like to participate in the Indian version of bull fight i.e. jallikattu, so that my muscle power will be revealed to the world.

I feel exhausted, so let me take the comments as a conclusion to this post; Bye-Bye.